Saturday, October 1, 2011

A small update on the previous images

I've spent some time going over the images again, trying to improve the quality and comparing them with the charts at AAVSO (enter 'SN 2011fe' as the name).
But the amount of stars in my pictures are just to high and I have no idea what's going on.
So I'm calling it quits for now. I consider this opportunity missed.

Black/White and levels improved
I tried making the star patterns more visible and easier to compare to the charts, but the result is that the image is even more confusing. See for yourself below.

B/W, inverse colour and grey levelled towards black

Too many stars
As an example of the amount of stars in the pictures, here's the bottom right part of the image above (only about 5% of the entire picture!). I can count at least 40+ stars in the small picture (the first image is normal and the last image is inverse colour).
As usual, click the images below to see the large version.

Small part of the larger image

Same image as an inverse colour picture